Sunday, August 28, 2011

5 months (August 25th)

IMG_3280    

I can’t believe I have 5 month old babies!  What a fun month it has been though!  This past month, I FINALLY got a good schedule down for both of you, with help from talking to several moms of multiples.  Since I am feeding you every 3 1/2 hours and I need to get 5 feedings in, we start the day at 7 AM.  I always have to wake you up and you both greet me with the biggest smiles!  Then, you eat at 10:30, 2:00, 5:30, and 7:30.  You have officially dropped your last nap (after the 5:30 feeding) and so we discovered this is your cranky time.  We pull out all the tricks to keep you busy with the least amount of fuss time possible.  We put you both in stations and have to rotate about every 10 minutes.  One station we started this month is sitting in the high chair, usually while mommy and daddy cook/eat dinner.  I am also trying really hard to not start solids and cereal until you are 6 months old, we will see what this month holds for us :).  You both LOVE to roll from back to tummy and you do this almost every time I lay you down on your play mat and in your beds.  In fact, you both started sleeping on your tummies this month and it was scary for me at first couple of days.  The monitor wasn’t good enough, I would actually stand over your bed and watch you sleep until I figured out you were fine.  You both started the church nursery this month.  The first time I took both of you, I held on tight to the pager and checked it about every 2-3 minutes, waiting for it go off.  It never did.  So, we left church early to come get yall because we thought for sure our pager wasn’t working and you were crying because you missed us.  Not the case.  You did great in the nursery and you both picked up a cold from there too.  Wow, talk about long days and nights.  You currently are both still stopped up and have runny noses and even a cough here and there, never mind if it’s fake or not.  I know I can’t protect you from sicknesses but I sure try! 

Gage

IMG_3298 

Gage, where to start buddy?  Like the above picture, you still ALWAYS have something in your mouth: fingers, fist, burp cloths, toys, and most recently, your FEET!  This past month, you also discovered your tongue and it is almost always out now.  It is pretty hilarious how you can smile and stick your tongue out at the same time.  This past month, you also got a viral infection which means you had a rash all over your body and your diapers were a MESS!!!  With that, you got a yeast infection under your neck as well, from all the drool that you are putting out.  The pediatrician said to try and keep your neck dry, ha! Impossible!  You are also still spitting up, A LOT!  I have to wash a load of burp cloths and bibs everyday for you.  You are still busy and active and we are learning that you fear nothing.  I see me developing gray hair very soon with you!  You try and roll/ take a dive wherever you are.  We always have to have a hand or two on you!  Still predicting you crawling in the next month or two.  When you are on your tummy, you are scooting and squirming, no crawling form yet, but then again, you may create your own way of getting around.  We love you Gage and your silly personality!  Here are some highlights from this month…

IMG_3264

Ready for the pool

IMG_3235

All smiles (and drool)

g1

g2

g3

g4

g6

first time in your highchair

g5

“I love my feet!”

g7

spitting up on dad is so fun!

g8

g9

Graham

 IMG_3296

Sweet Graham!  Like this picture, if you don’t feel like doing anything, you don’t.  In your time.  Some days, you roll over all day, and some days you could just lay your head down and not do tummy time or anything else.  I love that about you but I can see some head butting in the future if you don’t do things when I tell you to :).  We will see, you may surprise us.  You are starting to “come out of your shell” this month.  Your squeal is getting louder and higher.  You want to be heard and you take advantage of the few times your brother is quiet.  You are still laid back and love to cuddle.  One thing I noticed about you this past month is how aware you are of your surroundings and you always follow my voice.  When someone else holds you, you turn your lip upside down and you look like you are scared and want to cry.  This past month has been fun to watch you play with your toys.  You don’t just play with your toys, you study them and figure out what they do.  Right now, you love to lay on the Baby Einstein mat and push the button on the toy that lights up and sings.  We put you in the jumparoo for the first time this month and you love to push all the buttons and figure out how everything works.  We love you Graham and your calm personality!  Here are some highlights from this month…

IMG_3265

Ready for the pool

IMG_3250

gg1

You love the Bumbo and could sit and play all day in it

gg2

you still love your thumb, at night

gg3

sometimes playing makes you tired :)

gg4 gg9

You picked up another trait from your dad, when you both are tired, you scratch your head

gg5

guess I should start buckling you in now

gg6

1st time in your highchair

gg7

handsome boy!

gg8

crazy hair

gg10

Gage spit up in your hair and you don’t mind

gg11

cuddling with momma

IMG_3261  1 IMG_3269

32  4

It’s been another fun and eventful month with you two.  We love you both so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment