Monday, August 8, 2011

4 months (July 25th)

IMG_3117

Wow, I am behind on blogging but we have been busy with these FOUR month old boys!  I can’t believe where the time has gone!  In this last month, the boys have been sleeping consistently, through the night, and I usually wake them up to eat between 7:30 and 8:00AM.  More sleep for us except I still have to pump in the middle of the night :-/ We try to have them in bed by 10:00 ( we do baths before the 7:00PM feeding but I was trying to get 6 feedings in everyday and so we did the “dream feed” around 9:30ish).  Both of the boys are still sticking shoving their fists’ in their mouth, drooling all the time and blowing bubbles.  Another new thing they started doing this month is putting their hands together (like Graham in this picture).  They giggle all the time and they have both discovered their voices by squealing a high-pitch squeal (Graham’s squeal is much quieter than Gage’s).  They love to stand (bear weight on their legs with our help of course) and their heads constantly are looking around, back and forth.  Even when we are in the living room, which is where we live these days, their heads are constantly swiveling every direction like they have never seen this place before.  We are trying to do bottles about 2-3 times a week and they are doing better with them but still not their number one choice.  This month, we also quit swaddling and started your sleep sacks, YEA!   At their 4 month check-up, Gage was 25.3 inches long and 14 lbs 5 oz and Graham was 25 inches long and 13 lbs 15 oz.  They were almost a pound different last month so Graham is catching up!  These boys are so much fun these days and they get busier everyday.

Gage

IMG_3144

You’re personality brightens everyone’s day!  You are becoming so silly and excited and ACTIVE!  We keep joking that you will be crawling in the next 2 months, followed very closely by walking.  You are a very busy baby, always wanting to stand or roll.  You are not the cuddler, you are too busy for that.  You discovered your voice and you are LOUD!  You squeal as loud as you can and then it must hurt your throat because you have to have a fake little cough afterward.  You still seem very aggressive, going after something you want as hard and fast as you can.  Sometimes you start giggling which gets me laughing and makes you giggle more.  Our days with you are exciting, never dull or boring.  You are the life of the party, Jared and I have our hands full!  Here are some highlights from this month.

1

first time to stand and you haven’t stopped since

2 3

blowing BUBBLES!

4

being still, doesn’t happen often

5

starting to roll over

7

done with the swaddle!

 6

on to the sleep sack!

Graham

IMG_3131

I would like to say you get your calm spirit from me, but I am not near as quiet and calm as you.  You still LOVE to cuddle, anytime of the day.  Your quiet smile still melts my heart!  You think your brother is funny and this month I caught you giggling loud at Gage, it was the sweetest thing!   You love your daddy and smile whenever you hear his voice.  You quit taking your paci this month (not that you took it that much anyway) and now have found your thumb, only at night though.  It really worried mommy because our pediatrician said no matter what, don’t let yall suck on your thumb, just paci.  You can get rid of the paci but not the thumb.  Well, I got over it because you look too cute sucking on it and it soothes you to sleep at night.  We will worry about thumb sucking another day.  You love to move your arms and legs all the time, we call it the “running man.”  You have rolled over a few times, but you are over it.  You will do it again when you are ready.  You may not even crawl until you are a year old and I am ok with that.  Just have your brother get you what you need :)  Here are some highlights from this month.

11

love my cuddle time

12

sweet smile

13

moving his arms and legs

14

I wish this picture was more clear (from the monitor) this is Graham’s personality~laaaaaid back

15

dad is so funny!

16

had to put a picture of him sucking his thumb

17

“I love my sleep sack because my arms are free!”

Another fun month come and gone!  I want time to stand still!

t1 t2

t3 t4 t5

I love you Gage and Graham and I am so thankful to be your mommy!

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, You never cease to amaze me! Your blog is absolutely beautiful. Of course, you have the cutest little artsy pieces all over it, but the pictures and your writing are great! You ROCK this mommy thing. :)

    ReplyDelete