Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My birthday weekend

Last weekend, July 22-25, Jared, Gage, Graham, and I went home for my birthday and my 10 year reunion.  Am I that old?  YES!  I can’t believe I graduated from high school 10 years ago! 

Anyway, Jared and I left Frisco around 10:30 and made it to Arlington, yes Arlington, 30 minutes away, before we had to stop and feed the boys.  Here are some pictures of the boys taking a break from their car seat.

1

Sweet Graham sitting in the drivers seat

2

Sweet Gage (notice the white knuckles I have from holding him so tight, other wise he would be every where! Busy BOY)

When we finally made it to Abilene, at around 3:00, I fed the boys at my parents’ house and then we headed to the “Meet and Greet” at my reunion.  It was so great catching up with old friends, seeing them with their families, and seeing all the babies every where.  

IMG_3096

(Kara~due any day, Jennifer and her twin boys Clayton and Caleb {2 weeks older than Gage and Graham}, Katherine and Lauren, Me with the boys, Molly and Jaxon, Kellie with Aubrey, and Lisa with Sophia)

I am so glad I went and got to catch up with these girls.

Later that night, we went to Brittany’s house (Jared’s sister) and they had all this great food and cake for my birthday.  They also got me some wonderful gifts! 

5 6 7

Beverage dispenser, more Christmas china~YEA!, and a scrap book for the boys

Saturday, my actual birthday, we spent the day relaxing.  It was nice, we never get to do that when we go home. 

IMG_3100

Papa G with Gage and Graham

IMG_3102

My sister with her beautiful cake she made me(she was so excited to use all of her stuff she got from her wedding)

IMG_3104

Saturday night, my sister and my mom and made a baked ziti and we ate dinner at Julie’s new house.  She was the perfect hostess and worked so hard on dinner and the cake and she enjoyed using all of her new stuff.  I am so proud of her!  I wish I would have taken pictures of everything, but you can imagine how perfect it was.

IMG_3106

Jared spoiled me on my birthday, as always.  He got me two new watches (one from the boys and one from him), some gift cards to go shopping, a picture frame of our family and my favorite cake! 

3 8

I am thankful for my gifts but feel spoiled to get to spend my birthday with our new family of four and our parents and siblings.  What a blessing this weekend was.  Thank you for the wonderful weekend and making me feel special.  I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment