Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Night the AC went out…

About a month ago, we were getting ready for bed.  We, as in, Jared and I.  It was 10:30 and the boys were already down for the night.  I thought it felt warm in our house, but I never know if it is just my hormones.  I told Jared and he went to check the thermostat.  We keep our house on 77 and it was reading 81, not cool!  I knew right then that our AC was out because I had been hearing about everyone’s AC going out, probably because it was over 100 degrees for like 45 days in a row.  Anyway, I called my aunt, who lives in Grapevine, and asked if we could come stay the night.  Jared started calling all the AC companies to see if they could come out at night, but they were all busy, imagine that!  So I quickly grabbed everything I thought we needed or possibly needed, just for one night.  Diapers, wipes, blankets, pack-n-play, onesies, diaper bag, pump, pump parts, nursing pillow, toys for the boys (who knows how long we will be there) Zoey, Zoey’s food and bed...  What did I forget?  I forgot clothes for me and I forgot that the boys were 4 months old and couldn’t sleep together in the same pack-n-play.  It could have been worse.  Here are some pictures of our adventure that night…

n1

loaded tahoe

n2

boys sleeping soundly

n3

don’t judge, Graham was not wanting to sleep with Gage, so he got to sleep with me :-/

n4

n5

Gage was comfortable and slept well

securedownload

YUCK!  I appreciate our AC so much more these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment