Monday, August 22, 2011

Right where I need to be…

Today is the first day in 24 years that I did not get up and go to school, either as a student or a teacher.  I thought it would be a little easier transition, but at the end of the day, I know this is right where I need to be.  HOME with my BOYS.  

Today, I miss my school, teachers/ friends, principals, office staff, my team, students and their families.  Today, I don’t miss the stress, lunch duty, testing, indoor recess, crazy parents, meetings, going to bed at 9:00 and up at 5:00AM, and deadlines.  All part of being a teacher/educator.

I am a teacher, have always wanted to be a teacher, I know it’s my calling and I WILL return as a teacher, but I am a MOTHER first and know that this is where I need to be right now.  I don’t know how long I am able to stay home with my boys, but I do know how thankful I am for this time and I know I will NEVER regret it.  I am going to take advantage of every single day I have at home with my boys.  They may not remember it, but I will and that is important to me.  I can always be a teacher, but my boys will not always be this size. 

I have more respect for and admire moms who work and are able to come home and take care of their kids and husbands.  I am exhausted just taking care of my boys, feeding them, cooking, cleaning, and being a good wife at the same time.  I will eventually learn how to juggle being a mom, wife, and be a good teacher.

IMG_3257

IMG_3254

IMG_3235

IMG_3246

IMG_3245

It’s not always easy, perfect and wonderful, but I know this is RIGHT WHERE I NEED TO BE!

No comments:

Post a Comment