Friday, October 7, 2011

I’m Proud of You!

Those are the best four words a child can hear, besides the three words “I love you,” in my opinion.  Maybe because my mom and dad always said it to me, my brother and sister.  No matter what was going on in our life, my parents were sure to tell us those 4 words to help encourage us to do our best.  Being a teacher, I loved seeing the kids’ faces light up anytime I told them I was proud of them.  No child wants to disappoint their parents, and teacher, and when they work hard and do their best, hearing those words can make anyone feel special!   

From the day I became a mommy, I have noticed that those words have come out of my mouth in every milestone the boys have accomplished. 

When they were born and weighed 6lbs 7 and 8oz, “I’m proud of you!” 

Separating them into their own cribs and sleeping through the night, “I’m proud of you!”

Rolling tummy to back and back to tummy, “I’m proud of you!”

First smile, “I’m proud of you!”

First coo, “I’m proud of you!”

First tooth/teeth, “I’m proud of you!”

First time to sit up, “I’m proud of you!”

These words are powerful and important, even to a 29 year old.

After baby dedication, my dad sent Jared and I a text telling us how proud he was of us as parents and that we were doing a great job!  It never gets old and still encourages me to be the best.  I know Jared’s parents continue to tell him how proud they are of him, too. Thank you, mom and dad, for encouraging me with those words as a child and now a mommy to your grandkids.  Thank you, Mike and Linda, for encouraging Jared to be the best he can be.  I know you are proud of him as your son, but also as the father of your grandkids.  I pray that Jared and I can be the “encouragers” to our boys as they grow up, like you are to us. 

Gage and Graham, you are so blessed and loved by your grandparents!

grandkidsgrandkids2

We are so proud of you and we are thankful to be your parents!  We love you!

gagegraham

No comments:

Post a Comment