Monday, April 8, 2013

Noah’s Ark Two by Two~ G & G turn TWO!

Last year, for the boys’ first birthday, I chose to just invite family bc I knew it was a very special birthday and I really wanted to keep it simple and enjoy it.  And it worked out perfect.  Plus, I was so emotional about the day and I didn’t mind crying in front of the fam.

This year, I decided to do a little different.

Since the boys were turning TWO, there are TWO of them, and they have been talking about Noah lately (or as they call him, “Ho HO”), I decided to go with a “Noah’s Ark, Two by Two theme.  It was super easy to plan once I locked down the Noah’s Ark play place reservation.  I didn’t have much of a choice about what time to have the party, bc we were put on the waiting list, so we were stuck with the 5:30-7:30 time slot. 

This past year, the boys and I have been able to get out a WHOLE lot more than we did their first year and with that, we have made lots of new friends and stayed close with older friends.  The boys know their friends’ names, so I wanted to invite some of their friends.  I ended up inviting several of their friends, and our friends too, thinking maybe half would come. Of course, I invited our families up for the party too (which is a big group in itself).  I ended up inviting 64 people.

60 came.

I know!

Are you freaking out?

Because I was after everyone started RSVPing yes.

Don’t get me wrong, I was super happy and thankful that everyone wanted to come, I just started worrying (that shouldn’t surprise you) that I wouldn’t have enough food.  What on earth could I feed that many people???

Good thing I have a mama that loves to hosts dinners and an aunt that lives close to come help!

We ended up going to Costco and buying half the store!

Of course, we ended up having more than enough food.

The party was soooo much fun and I enjoyed walking around and talking to all who came!

And maybe Jared and I had a race through the play area, that ended with a  big slide, and I’m pretty sure I won! :)

Here are about a million pictures of the fun…

edited invite

IMG_6530

IMG_6531

IMG_6532

IMG_6533

IMG_6534 IMG_6535

IMG_6536 IMG_6537

IMG_6538

IMG_6541

A little blurry, but that’s bc I was going super fast! :)

Party pic 1

Proof :)

Party pic

no hard feelings

IMG_6551

me and one of my BIG TWO year olds?! (Graham)

IMG_6552

family pics

IMG_6553

IMG_6559

IMG_6561

IMG_6563

Just like last year, Graham wasn’t so sure about this whole cup cake thing.

party pic 4

He asked for a spoon to eat it.

Who’s kid is this?

IMG_6566

I promise I’m happy, it just appears that I’m yelling at some one, but I’m not.  :)

IMG_6567

Honey and Papa G with the birthday boys!

party pic 3

right after this pic, he literally took a bite of the candle and swallowed it :-/

IMG_6565

IMG_6568

me and my beautiful sista!

 party pic 8

party pic 5

party pic 6

party pic 7

IMG_6573 IMG_6575

party pic 9

Cousin sliding time

IMG_6577

Our wonderful family that came to celebrate our miracles!

LOVE these TWO more than words!

TWO

So thankful God thought I could handle  entrusted me with these two miracles!

Just for funsies…

birthday6

one year ago

birthday1

party16

And of course…

IMG_2425

2 years ago.

Time flies when you’re having fun!

2 comments:

  1. 60 people!! Y'all are popular! ;)

    That is the perfect party theme for your boys! I love it, and you did a great job with all the decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you blog. Super cute party for super cute boys!

    ReplyDelete