Monday, April 22, 2013

Real birthday (morning)!

March 25, 2013

IMG_6649 

My babies are TWO?!

IMG_6642

Running through their streamers

IMG_6643

Quick bday pic with daddy before he heads off to work.

Boo!  Shouldn’t every parent get a “holiday” when it’s their kids’ birthdays?

Pretend like you don’t see Gage’s Christmas jammies ;)

IMG_6644 IMG_6647

Seeing their “bike” for the first time!

They loved it!

“Hop on, Brother!”

IMG_6650 IMG_6651

Sprinkled donuts for the birthday boys!

IMG_6652 IMG_6653

or “do-buts” as Graham calls them. :) There is a little truth to that word.

“Preen-kle do-buts” are the best!

IMG_6654

We had a fun day, celebrating the boys, and spoiling them all day! 

They only went to time out about 4 times each that day. 

Not too bad :)

That night, when daddy got home, we headed to eat at a place we thought the boys would enjoy…

It was Monday and apparently moms eat free on Monday.

The pizza was still nasty though, but the boys enjoyed it!

gatti town 1

gatti town 2

Jared and I had a lot of fun too! :)

Gage:

Party pic 2

(you can’t just slide down the correct way, you need a little challenge and head first is the appropriate choice this time)

The past two years have been far from boring with you.  You have so much personality and imagination.  I love to watch you play.  Your favorite toys are still your “doan” (fake cell phone), “werk doan” (daddy’s old black berry that looks like his work phone), {both of which must reside in a pocket so mommy has to pick either shorts or shirts that have pockets} remotes (mote), computers (puter), cars, and trucks, and occasionally you will kick the soccer ball or shoot your basketball in the hoop.  You love to run, although it looks more like a prance with your right arm bent up by your shoulder like you’re doing half the Heisman pose. :)

The past 4 months, you have decided to be a little more independent, which I am proud of, but still a little hard to watch my (used to be) clingy, mama’s boy not need me so much.  I think going to Mother’s Day out has helped that a lot!  You love life but if someone tells you no, look out world!  You have a temper, sweet angel, that I hope won’t stay forever. :)

You usually like to bend the rules a little.  You know right from wrong, for the most part, but always need to look back at me before you do something to see if I just might change my answer from NO to “Sure pumpkin, go ahead and plug that screw driver in the outlet.”

You do love your brother.  You take care of him like a big brother should.  Every time I check the monitor during nap or night time, 9/10 times you are in his bed.  Sometimes patting his back, other times jumping on his head when he is sleeping.

You love to say –“A goo day at skoo?”  And you ask everyone we come in contact with if they had a good day at school, including the Starbucks worker, anyone at Target, friends, grandparents, and your teachers

-“Stop it, daddy!” when daddy is getting on to you or tickling you, or doing something that bothers you.

-You love to ask people to watch you do something by saying their name and “watch dis!”

You love to sing (and can carry the tune pretty well, didn’t get that from me) “The B-I-B-L-E” or as you say “B-I-B-I-B-I.”

-Baa Baa Black Sheep

-Itsy Bitsy Spider

-Jesus loves Me

and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star  or “Tinkle Tinkle, Wee wee sta!”

We love you so much Gage and so thankful for the sweet, little spunky boy that you are!  Happy birthday buddy!

Graham:

party pic 7

Oh Grahammar.  This sweet face says it all!  You are scheming something.  You always have a plan, like your mama, but you are all boy.  You love to play “rough.” We can just be sitting there cuddling and then all of a sudden, you will get up and walk backwards about 5 feet and then take off sprinting, and lunge right on top of me! Knocks me down every time!  You love to JUMP all day long.  You love to play any kind of sport.  Even if it is your first time to try it, you pick it up immediately.  You love throwing the football, hitting the ball off the tee, you could shoot baskets all day, and carry around your golf bag (is that even the right term?  I’m not familiar with any thing golf) with your golf clubs swinging in the air.  You love to run fast!

The past 4 months, you have become more clingy.  You like to stand at my feet and say, “Ho me, mommy!”  And so I do!  You are still independent like you have been since birth, but you love to be held and cuddle a lot more and I’m ok with it.

You follow the rules when you feel like it.  Some days, you sit in time out a lot because you didn’t feel like the rules applied to you that day.  Sometimes, you just follow in your brother’s foot prints and get in trouble with him.  Speaking of your brother…you LOVE him and belly laugh at everything he does (which encourages him), especially in your room, when yall should be sleeping!

You still love to give big bear hugs and even make the growling sound when giving them.

You love to sing “Row Row” which is Row, Row, Row your boat

-“B-I-B-I-B-I”

-“Tinkle tinkle”

You love to ask “Mommy, A goo day at skoo?” all day long

and lately “A goo day at work, daddy?”

You love to say “NO!” a lot.  I mean A. LOT. One day, you’ll figure out that that word is not so cute to Mommy and Daddy.

You love life and enjoy life, Graham.  You get so excited about everything!

We love you so much Graham, and so thankful for the sweet, “lover of life” little boy you are!  Happy birthday, buddy!

 

IMG_6516

It is a sweet bond that I love to watch and I pray yall will always “belly laugh” together and love each other.

You two are the BEST things that have happened to us and so thankful to God every day for both of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment