Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Jared’s 30th!

Yep, my sweet hubby turned the BIG 3-0 on February 25th!

IMG_4645

the old man himself and Graham

(I should add, this was at 5:30AM, Graham was not feeling well)

 

If you know us, you know in the past year, Jared and I have been MIA, for the most part.  Just adjusting to this whole parenting multiples thing.  By ourselves.  No family around.  Meaning, we never get to do anything without the boys.  (Love our boys and so thankful for them, but sometimes, you just need a date night, ya know?)

So, I thought we needed a fun night out,

no kids,

just the two of us,

plus some.

I had been planning a small surprise party for him for a couple of months.

I had emailed some of his best and closest friends back in January and called my aunt to babysit the boys.

The plan was for everyone to meet at the restaurant while Jared thought it was just going to be he and I eating.

 

The morning of his birthday, he woke up to this:

IMG_4646

IMG_4647

IMG_4649

IMG_4652

Yep!  I went all out… Cheesy 30th birthday banner, confetti and all!

Nothing but the best :)

IMG_4630 IMG_4634

The boys wishing their daddy a happy birthday!

Well, not too much longer after the boys had been awake, they started getting fussy.

Then, running a fever.

Decided to take Graham in first, because his fever was 102 and super fussy (never like him, at all).

Double ear infection it was!

So the rest of the day, we just hung out at the house, and Jared kept asking where we could go eat.

I finally told him that I didn’t think it would be fair to take the boys out when they didn’t feel well, so we will just have to order something in. (Lying)

He looked like he had just lost his last friend.  So sad. ( I felt bad for lying, but I really wanted to surprise him)

So, about 6:00, I think he started feeling sorry for himself.  I told him after we put the boys to bed, we can order some food. 

Then, the doorbell rang.  I told him to get it.

It was my aunt.  He was so confused.

I told him to hurry and get dressed, we were going to eat.

The look on his face was priceless!  (From this moment on, no more pictures. I Know, sad, but it’s in our memories)

So, I drove us to the restaurant (Blue Goose~yummo!)  because he still didn’t know where we were going.

When we walked in, and he saw everyone sitting at the table already, again, it was priceless!

After dinner, everyone came over for cupcakes and drinks.

So.much.fun!

Hope you enjoyed your birthday as much as I enjoyed planning and surprising you, Jared!

We love you and are so thankful to have you in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment