Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Beach Babies

About a month ago, yep, I am that behind on blogging, we loaded up and went to South Padre, where we met up with Jared’s parents and his sister, her husband, and their kiddos.  This was our fourth year to go but first year with the twins.  I grew up going to Destin, Florida with my family every year, since I was a baby so I was looking forward to sharing my love of the beach with my boys.

Up until the beach, I had been taking the boys to Fairview, which has a big sandy, beach area for kids to play in.  I heard the first year you take babies to the beach, they don’t love it because of the texture of the sand, so I decided maybe if I got them used to it, they would be okay.  They weren’t real sure about it the first day, but it didn’t take them long before Graham sat and “built” sandcastles with his cousins and Gage taking off running in the sand, after “buds,” aka birds.

Once they got over the sand, they were ready to hit the waves, literally.  They LOVED the ocean and would take off running into the water, any time of the day.  Made this beach bum of a mama so happy!  But, as you could imagine, I had no time to be a beach bum.  My eyes were constantly looking for the boys, counting, and making sure we saw four boys (G & G, and their cousins), all the time.  They don’t love their life jackets, so they were without, most of the time.  Even at the pool, they loved to run and jump into the pool, without life jackets, whether we were looking/ ready or not!  Whew! Part of me is ready for them to learn how to swim already!

IMG_5478 IMG_5480

first day/time on the beach (Gage (L) Graham (R)

IMG_5477

Easy and Gage

IMG_5479 IMG_5483

IMG_5476

Coach and Graham (I think?)

IMG_5482

Aunt Brit, doin her thang

IMG_5484 IMG_5488

Grahammar ready to dig

IMG_5485 IMG_5486

Gage spotting the buds/seagulls and ready to chase them

IMG_5491

IMG_5493

watchin daddy

IMG_5495

daddy on his skim board

*keep in mind, this was the first night, none of us were going to get “wet,” we were just going to take a walk on the beach, after supper, and then going to put the boys down for the night…Ha!  Within 5 minutes, we were all soaked, chasing babies every which way!

IMG_5494

that face is priceless… and so is that diaper :-/

Look daddy, “buds”

Day 2

IMG_5505

IMG_5507

IMG_5506

No fear! Just seeing how close he can get, as mommy is yelling NO!

IMG_5508

Grahammar loving the pool

IMG_5509

IMG_5501 IMG_5502

having a snack after nap

IMG_5512

Granna and Graham

IMG_5515

Gage and Daddy

IMG_5514 IMG_5516

IMG_5517

Our hangout for the week

IMG_5521 IMG_5522

IMG_5523 IMG_5525

Graham digging with Braden

All the cousins digging

We were a little bit inseperable this week.  Even if I wanted one minute to myself, he was around the corner, back in my lap in no time :)

Camo

Braden

My little independent child

Day 3

IMG_5530

IMG_5531

IMG_5532

Braden, Camden, and Graham dug a big hole under the tent.  Gage thought it would be a good idea to get in the hole…

Camo fit in the hole

IMG_5533 IMG_5535

It was a good thought to get a picture of all of us

this picture about sums up my life :)

I went to get Graham up from his nap and came back to this…

IMG_5536

Gage decided he needed to climb into the beach storage tub

IMG_5537

Our last night, we got cleaned up to take some family pictures

IMG_5538

 

IMG_5541

IMG_5552

story of my life… going opposite directions :)

IMG_5551

Love this picture of Graham!

IMG_5553

I see the back of Gage’s head a lot, especially since he learned to run!

IMG_5544

Coach, Aunt Brit

Braden, Camden

IMG_5547

Easy and Granna with their grandkids

IMG_5548

As always, thanks for a fun time, Peel and Lewis family!

No comments:

Post a Comment