Monday, July 11, 2011

The Fourth with the FOUR of us

July 4th was a great weekend, mainly because we had daddy home with us for a 3 day weekend!  On Monday afternoon, our friends, the Taylor’s, invited us over to cook out.  So, like any other time we go anywhere, we started after the 7 AM feeding, getting ready to be there by 4:30.  I offered to bring banana pudding and pasta salad, both which require preparation and a trip to the store.  I got ready after the 7AM feeding, which lasts an hour plus tummy time and diaper changes, so I got ready in 30 minutes (that’s a must these days) and headed to the store while they are napping.  I got my items and got back in time for the next feeding (10:00).  Fed the boys, again it is taking an hour these days, tummy time and diaper changes and singing songs, and an hour and a half later (11:30), put the boys down for another nap so I can get making and baking.  I made the banana pudding and started the boiling the pasta and then it was time for the 1:00 feeding.  Same routine, then put the boys down for a nap at 2:30 and I finish the pasta salad at 3:00.  From 3-4:00, I start packing our bags of everything I think we will possibly need for the boys.  The pump, bottles (maybe they will take one at the cookout?) but probably not so I need to bring my… nursing pillow (because these days they don’t take the bottle), swaddle blankets, diapers and wipes, pacis, water jug for me, cooler for the milk, camera, and make a note to remember to bring the food I made for the cookout.  Same routine for the 4:00 feeding, minus tummy time because we want to be some what on time.  Get to the Taylor’s at 5:00 (only 30 minutes late) and we had fun!  Here are some pictures of our time at the Taylor’s. 

pudding

Dropped the banana pudding on the way in their house and broke the lid and it didn’t look pretty anymore :)

IMG_2984

Barry making Graham giggle!

IMG_2985

Daddy and Gage talking

IMG_2989

All the kids at the cookout

Gage, Graham, Piper, Cody, and Claire

IMG_2991

Gage not loving picture time

IMG_2997

wait for it…

IMG_2994

wait for it…

IMG_2993

and Gage is done!

We went home to feed the boys and watch the fireworks in New York on TV.  Next year, we will introduce fireworks to the boys.

Thank you Taylor’s for having us over for a cookout.  We had fun!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment