Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The working mom

Since I left on maternity leave in March, I knew I would have to come back the last week of school.  It seemed so far away and then it snuck up on me.  I knew it wouldn’t be that bad because I LOVE my class this year and I knew I wanted to spend the last week with them to tell them bye.  I also was looking forward to seeing all the wonderful people I work with. 

We had it all planned out that Granna would stay and watch the boys Tuesday and Wednesday and Honey would watch the boys Thursday and Friday. 

But when I woke up Tuesday morning, all of a sudden I did NOT want to go.  The emotions and guilt hit me.  I asked Jared if he would call in a sub for me because I just didn’t think I could do it.  Jared and Granna encouraged me all morning and assured me everything would be fine.  With tears in my eyes, I kissed my boys bye and headed off to school.  I was so thankful that my friends and family left encouraging words on my facebook and text messages.  I knew I could do it had to do it.  There are so many moms out there that do this everyday.  My mom stayed home with us for a little bit and then returned to work.  Jared’s mom left both of her kids to work as a nurse.  I only had to do it for 4 days, but that seemed like an eternity!

The day seemed like it lasted forever!  The best part about my day was the constant pictures and texts my mother in law sent me.

text1   

text2

text3

The rest of the week went better, but I do have a new respect for all the working moms.  It is tough having to work and take care of your kids, but you do what you need to do for your family!

Thank you Granna and Honey for taking care of my babies while Jared and I had to work.  We appreciate the help and we sure wished yall lived closer!  Love yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment