Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mommy’s first Mother’s Day!

May 8, 2011

This year was my first Mother’s Day and it was a such a great day but a little bittersweet.  It was bitter because I was thinking about where I was last year on Mother’s day, we were in Abilene and I had just had my second ectopic pregnancy, so that day was especially hard.  I was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to have my own Mother’s Day.  I know several girls trying to get pregnant and start a family right now and I know this day is hard but know that God has a plan and His timing is perfect.  Easier said than done, but trust Him and what He is doing in your life and be thankful for what you have.

This day was sweet because I really reflected on how amazing God is and what He did in my life this past year! He blessed Jared and I with 2 boys that we love so much!

Jared, Gage and Graham worked really hard to make my first Mother’s day really special.  It is a day I will never forget.  Jared went to the grocery store and bought all my favorites to cook for me.  He made me bow tie pasta with Alfredo sauce, broccoli, salad with Italian dressing, and garlic bread.  For dessert, s’mores on the grill( I have been craving them!)  They also gave me a few gifts…

mothers

They gave me a sweet card, roses, a coffee mug with the boys sweet picture on it, 90 minute massage (can’t wait for that!) a gift card to GAP/ Banana Republic (one day when I am ready to shop for normal clothes again) and a planner that also has a picture of the boys on it.

card

Bottom of my card, the boys signed it

Being a mommy is the best thing that has happened to me (besides getting married).  Gage and Graham, I hope I can be the best mommy to both of you and make you feel so special like my mom does for us.  I promise to be there for you, no matter what.  I promise to give you lots of hugs and kisses and take care of you the best I can. 

mothersdas

sign

I got this sign from my grandmother and I thought it was the sweetest sign. 

Mother’s day is a day to be thankful for your mother and all that she has done and continues to do for you and your family.  I love my mom so much and I am beyond thankful for her.  She has 3 children and growing up, she always had a cooked meal on the table for us, kept the house clean, did our laundry, helped us with our homework, came to every football, basketball, soccer, and baseball game, track meet, and cross country meet, and taught full time.  My mom has taught me so much of how to be a good mother, I have a lot to live up to.  She taught me how to be the best mother to my boys and for that, I am forever grateful for.  I love you mom!

mom

No comments:

Post a Comment