Friday, February 4, 2011

30 weeks of 30 blessings

IMG_2297

At 30 weeks of pregnancy, I have so much to be thankful for thus far.  Here are 30 reasons God has given me to be thankful for this pregnancy.

30. Making it to 30 weeks! (I consider this a milestone with twins!)

29. Dr. Rodriguez (and Linda and Laurena) who helped us through this process and introducing us to Dr. Mac

28. Dr. MacDonald (OB) and his nurse Jackie for answering my 1000s of questions weekly

27.  Sleep/rest that gets me through each day (it’s not always the greatest sleep, but always thankful when I do get some sleep)

26. The Wedge pillow (recently discovered)

25. All four of our baby showers where we were overwhelmed with love and gifts

24. The family members that drove in from all over to make it to my showers and spend time with Jared and I (Linda, Brittany, Braden, Camden, Mom, Jules, Angie, Phyllis, Grandma Hogg, Jana)

23. The weekly pictures of my belly (RT told me to do this and I am so thankful I did because it is neat to see how much I change every week)

22. All the advice I get from strangers when we tell them we are having twins (it’s not always encouraging, but we appreciate their thoughtfulness)

21. Sprite- you got me through the whole first trimester when I felt sick and through the third trimester to help with heartburn

20. Zesta saltines- you got me out of bed every day in the first trimester and helped with the nausea

19. Speaking of heartburn, Rolaids has been and is a “must” in my purse

18. Being pregnant in the winter-I am not used to being hot in the winter. Can’t imagine being this pregnant in the summer in triple digits

17. Maternity clothes that fit- as my belly gets bigger, it is getting harder to find shirts that cover my belly

16. Being a teacher and having a week off at Thanksgiving, 2 weeks off at Christmas, and having the first week of February off (thanks to the snow/ice)

15. Playing with all the boys’ stuff in their nursery

14. Washing their clothes for the first time in Dreft

13.  Getting a sonogram every time we have a doctors appt.

12. Hearing two heartbeats when I was 6 weeks pregnant, what a wonderful surprise!

11. Seeing two “boy parts” on October 29

10. God’s timing for this pregnancy

9. Feeling the boys move-even their kicks and tackles that make my whole belly move in the middle of the night

8. Katie and CC praying over my fertility calendar daily

7. Prayers over these boys (from day 1)from their Honey, Papa G, Granna, Easy and the rest of our family and friends

6. Zoey being extra needy- won’t leave her mommy’s side, knowing something big is about to rock her world

5. Jared- my wonderful husband, who has cleaned the house every week so I don’t breathe in any chemicals. 

4. Jared- for putting up with my emotions and food cravings that change in a matter of seconds

3. Jared- for nesting early and making me clean and organize places in our house that I wasn’t ready to tackle yet

2. How peaceful and worry-free God has made this pregnancy

1. For Gage and Graham- we cannot wait ( we can wait, we just want you to continue to grow in my womb as long as God has planned for you) we look forward to holding, cuddling, kissing, and meeting these precious personalities that we see at the sono’s and feel playing inside of me!  We love you and pray for you daily and know God has a wonderful plan for each of you. 

“For this reason, since the day we heard about you (both of you) we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.  And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.”  Colossians 1:9-12

1 comment:

  1. i loved reading this!! so excited for you! and i still have your shower gift!!

    ReplyDelete