Monday, October 15, 2012

birthday celebrations in A-town

The first week in October, Jared had to work in Abilene and San Angelo, so the boys and I packed up and hitched a ride with the hubs.  It worked out perfect because Brittany’s birthday is the 3rd and my dad’s birthday is the 4th.  So we were able to celebrate 2 birthdays and eat lots of cake. :)  My great aunt, Phyllis, also had hip replacement surgery that week, so we were able to visit her in the hospital while we were home.

The first two days, we stayed with Granna and Easy. It was beautiful weather, so the boys played outside, with their cousins, and my sister and I went shopping and got pedicures.

cousins

pedicure

Wednesday night, the stomach bug rudely interfered with our family time and took down Brittany, Camden, Granna and Easy.  So, we woke up early Thursday morning and headed to my parent’s house, so we wouldn’t get that awfulness again!  Jared worked and the boys and I waited patiently for Honey and Papa G to get home from work so we could play.

IMG_5883

Honey was so kind to take Friday off so we could hang out, yay!

IMG_5885

IMG_5886

IMG_5887

Oh, and she bought the boys their own pumpkins and some new toys, and they were pumped!

The BIG “cross-town show down,” aka, Cooper and Abilene High game, was Friday night.  These teams have been rivals for over 50 years.  Anyway, it’s a big deal in Abilene, so my dad and Jared went to the game. But before they left, we celebrated my dad’s birthday!

IMG_5905

Julie and I spoiled dad with a “sports themed” gift.  Too bad the Rangers lost that week. Always hope for the Cowboys :-/

IMG_5902

We cooked out Friday night and sat outside.  Perfect fall weather!

IMG_5889

IMG_5891

Gage, on the phone, as usual!

IMG_5892

IMG_5909

IMG_5910

IMG_5914

Happy birthday, Papa G!

IMG_5916

watchin the “buds”

IMG_5922

lots of hugs for Honey

IMG_5927

We love Aunt Juju

Next morning, at breakfast

IMG_5929

IMG_5930

And then, we have to go outside.

IMG_5934

I’ve said it a million times, but they would live outside if I let them!

IMG_5933

It was very cold that morning, but didn’t stop Gage from sweeping!

IMG_5936

Me and sister and the boys!

On Saturday morning, the nasty bug hit my dad and then Saturday night, attacked my mom! Sorry we were the carriers and infected yall!

That afternoon, we went to Belle’s Chicken with Jared’s family to eat before we headed back to Frisco

IMG_5937

Braden and Camden doin a little “Chicken dance”

IMG_5940

watching their cousins dance

IMG_5941

IMG_5943

belles

As always, so much fun to go to Abilene and be with family!

Can’t wait until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment