Monday, August 13, 2012

first trip with the twins, all by myself

I’ve never been called independent. 

I’m okay with that. 

But when I became a mom, I had to learn how to be independent real quick.  Especially being a stay at home mom of multiples.

And because I am able to stay at home with my boys, and Honey is off for the summer, and daddy was traveling all week, I decided to pack up the boys and head to Abilene.

All.by.myself!

It wasn’t a bad trip.

In fact, it was awesome!

We missed daddy, of course, but the trip and week, couldn’t have gone any better!

Because it was my first time to travel, alone with the boys, I decided to leave at 4:30 in the morning.

Why not?  I am a morning person, I can drink as much coffee as I want, in the quiet, without anyone tugging or pulling on me, and the boys will sleep the majority of the trip.

And that’s just what happened.

Graham woke up 30 minutes before we got in to Abilene and Gage slept the whole trip!

Perfect!

Here are some pictures of our week…

Braden

Braden and Graham

When we got in town, we went straight to Aunt Brittany’s for breakfast and a little play time with cousins.

Then, it was time for a nap.

The boys were being a little difficult for the morning nap.

So Graham slept on my chest…

Brittanyand Gage

and Gage slept with Aunt Brittany and Camden in Camden’s bed.

And for some reason, that was all the pictures I took that day.  We ended up staying at Brittany’s all day and then went swimming at the Country Club that afternoon.

After we spent the night at Granna and Easy’s, we headed over to Papa G’s and Honey’s house.

IMG_5678

Aunt Juju bought the boys their first back packs!

IMG_5680

They were pretty proud and wore them for awhile.

IMG_5677

Gage looks like a big boy! Tear…

IMG_5681

Graham getting a book for Honey to read

IMG_5683

IMG_5684

Thank Aunt Juju

IMG_5688 IMG_5690

If Honey is around, everyone else is invisible to Gage

IMG_5689 IMG_5691

Graham was missing his PB chair to eat his snack in, so his high chair had to do

IMG_5692

IMG_5693

IMG_5696 IMG_5694

Lulu, also known as Lucy, came to play and the boys LOVED her!

IMG_5695

rockingchairs

We “rock-rock” –ed, a lot, on the back porch.

Papa G had to work that week, sad I didn’t get any pictures of him and the boys.

Hopefully next time.

We had a great week in Abilene.

Thinking we will try it again in the fall…

No comments:

Post a Comment