Friday, May 31, 2013

Gage’s first emergency trip!

April 3rd, 2013 was not my proudest day. 

Let me start by saying it was cold and rainy out so we were forced to stay inside and play.  Right after lunch, I told the boys they could play about 30 minutes and then it was time for bed.  Gage is never ready for bed and usually does all he can to hold off bedtime.  This day, in particular, he chose to get on his tricycle and “ride” around in the living room.  Graham was tired so I was rocking him and watching Gage on his bike. 

ALl of a sudden, as if someone hit slow-motion button, I watched Gage turn his tricycle and it started tipping over and he fell right into the corner of my end table.  It was not a pretty sight.  I quickly sat Graham down on the floor and reached over to pick Gage up, all the while screaming.  Well, we were both screaming.  And then Graham started screaming too, poor baby, he was almost asleep and was awoken by his crazy mom screaming.  I was hysterical and immediately thinking what I could have done to prevent that nasty fall.  Truth is, nothing.  My hands were full.  Maybe I shouldn’t have had the tricycle in the living room. 

Anyway, since it was a head wound, and apparently everyone knows this, except me at the time, it was bleeding every where!  I knew he hit right above the eye.  Jared was about to walk out the door to his next appt.  Thankfully, he called the dr to see if we should come see them or go to the emergency room.  Their question was “Can you see tissue?  If you can, go to the ER.  If not, he should be fine to come to the dr and we can derma bond it back together.”  I have NO CLUE lady! It’s bleeding EVERYWHERE!!! 

Jared helped me get the boys in the car and I sped to the doctor while he went to his appt.  Not gonna lie, I really wished Jared could have come with me but I got over it bc it was his job and a very important meeting.  He said if Gage needed stitches, he would meet me there. 

Anyway, here we are at the doctor’s office, waiting.

Gage's eye 4-3-13 1

“Ow-wee” he says.  :(

Turns out, they decided he just needed some derma bond to glue it back together.  Thank you, Jesus! 

The boys were both so great.  While I held Gage down so the doctors could do their thing, Graham sat quietly and looked at books.  Seriously?  I thought that only happened to other people’s kids, not mine. :)  Gage was so brave and let the doctors work on him.  His eye was so swollen, they had to work very carefully to try and close it together.  He did so good!  I was so proud of him!

 

Gage's eye 4-3-13 

Going home with a VERY swollen eye and a little glue to hopefully hold it together.  Here is him saying “cheese” in a pitiful voice. :(

Gage's eye 4-3-13 2

When we got home, I put them down for a nap and Gage woke up screaming an hour later.  I am guessing he had a head ache from his bad fall.  I gave him some Motrin and we cuddled for the afternoon.

And watched his eye continue to swell.

Gage's eye 4-3-13 3

Poor baby!

I’m guessing this won’t be the first time to have an emergency trip with two boys so in a way I’m glad I got the first trip out of the way.  Praying that we don’t have too many more of these trips, if any!

No comments:

Post a Comment